Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Heartfelt Thank You

Today at our Weight Watchers meeting, we spent a lot of time talking and thinking about the people who have helped get us to where we are and continue to support us.  I am always thinking about how grateful I am for the wonderful people in my life who keep me going.  I truly believe that I would not be where I am without them.   This post is a thank you to all the people who have and continue to support me throughout this crazy journey.  They are not in any specific order, so don't think that where you are you on the list is where you are in importance :-)

So, thank you to the following groups of people or individuals: 

1) My AMAZING roommates.  You two have been SUCH amazing supports since this began  Eating food that I cooked, running next to me, supporting me, getting up in the morning with me, humoring me when we go out to eat and I make complicated orders, changing restaurants based on my need, and for generally supporting me in everything that I do.  I love you both a tremendous amount.



2) My wonderful boyfriend.  You do more for me and my lifestyle changes than I could ever ask for.  I knew you were a keeper when, after only 3 days of knowing me, you stocked your freezer with Weight Watchers ice cream bars.  You go out of your way to calculate points for dinners, eat ANYTHING that I make, remind me when I need reminding about eating (but not in a pushy way), and give me a "Yay!" when I come home after losing weight.  I am lucky to have you in my life.

3) My best friend and mother.  I talk to you more than once a day.  You are my ear throughout the good and the bad.  You are making huge lifestyle changes as well, and it is important to me that I hit goal so that you will take the big leap and I win my prize! :-)  You are the best role model that anyone could have.  I love you more than life itself and you are one of my rocks that keeps me going when the going gets tough. 



4) My father.  We started this journey together.  Although I am kicking your rear-end, you instilled in me the value that Tinawi's can do ANYTHING!  Even though you are far away most of the time, I take that with me and I often think about you and what you have accomplished when I feel like giving up.  I know that you will join me on this path and appreciated you coming to see me more than I could explain.



5) My family. Never underestimate your family complimenting you.  They are always your harshest critic and your biggest fans.  My family members are AMAZING.  Thank you.  You have been a huge support system from all over the world.  Syria, New Jersey, Maine, Boston...  you are all everywhere.  Thank you.  I love you ALL.




6) Meg and Serina. There are very few people in the world that I will tell personal details about my life after knowing them for less than a year.  When I think about how much these ladies mean to me and how much they have helped me throughout this process it truly makes me want to cry with thanks and joy.  These two ladies are two of the most amazing women in the entire world.  It takes very little time with them to really see the beauty and strength of these women.  I email you both, I call you, I text you, I complain to you... I count on you every week to help keep me going.  More than almost anyone in my life, you have kept me going and made me understand how beautiful I am both inside and out.  I look forward to many years of friendship and support.

7) My team.  After many Monday meetings full of food that is not the best for us, you all were willing to bring healthier snacks without me even asking.  You high-five me, compliment me, ask me how it's going, and mock me when necessary.  From BFFL to co-worker, I appreciate having you all as co-workers and friends.  Thank you for everything. :-)



8) Achieve folk.  Achieve staff in general, you are ALL amazing people!!!  You have NO idea how much it means to get compliments in the hall and comments about the size of my pants! :-)  You have brought vegetables on pot-luck days and high-fived me in the hallway.  You ROCK!

9) Demi.  You probably don't even realize how much of an impact you have on my running and weight-loss journey.  One, you are one of the most competitive and dedicated people I know.  You inspire me everyday to be a better person and to challenge myself.  Two, you have already dedicated yourself to helping me this summer and that helps keep me motivated and positive about what could be a challenging summer of eating.  I look forward to working together this summer and having you as a support in Chicago.  Thank you.




10) My friends. To all of the other friends in my life.  You are there as supports along the way.  Perhaps it's making me an angel food birthday cake, calling me to tell me you love me, asking to come to my 5K, sending me texts of encouragement, or just being awesome friends, you all help me be a better me!




11) SWM.  You have always believed in me and what I can do.  You helped me run my first race and I know you would have helped me run my second.  I know you always believe in me, even from far away.

12) Facebook and Blog commenters. Some of you have not even met me and you write me comments.  It is amazing to think that people think of me as an inspiration and someone that helps with their weight-loss journey.  It is positive comments and thoughts that remind me that we are in this together, I am not alone, and that I should keep on truckin'!

I know that this post is mushy and kind of personal, but I felt very moved in sharing with all of you, all of the people who have helped me.

Thank you to everyone for helping me get closer to reaching "lifetime"!! 

1 comment: