Sunday, November 2, 2014

And so the new plan is...

THE SHOCK
This past week three things happened that slapped me in the face with reality. 

1) It started on Tuesday at the doctor's office.  I got on the scale and knew what I have been suspecting for a while, I have gone up quite a bit.  It was hard to see.
2) Saturday night I was working an event for the amazing production company that I sometimes freelance for.  It has been almost a year since I worked an event.  When I went to get dressed my uniform shirt did not fit.  It didn't fit at all.
3) This morning I tried on a pair of jeans.  Jeans that until recently fit just fine.  They don't anymore.  

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  I know I have said that again and again and again and again.  But I worked SO hard to get to a place that I felt good about.  I worked SO hard to get healthy.  And I have changed a lot of my habits... so I REFUSE, REFUSE, REFUSE to go back to where I was. I need to get back to doing what I know I needs to be done to lead a HEALTHIER lifestyle. 
2009
October


Saturday evening I started to wallow.  I started to feel sad for myself.  I started to get angry.  I was really mad at myself.  What is my problem?  How did I let this happen?  And then I got a message from the amazing Courtney.  She reminded me that it does not do any good to just be mad.  It doesn't do any good feel sorry for myself.  What does that actually accomplish?

So, I started thinking.  What am I going to do?  



WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN 

First, I need to remind myself that I know what to do and I have come a long way.  The picture above from 2009 compared to this October is a nice reminder. I am no longer going to McDonalds twice a day or drinking mochas three times a day.  I exercise AT LEAST 2 days a week and often work out more.  I think about what I eat now.  Even though I don't always make the best choice, at least I am thinking about what I eat.  I have made changes. This is important for me to remember.  I KNOW WHAT TO DO. 

Next, I needed to make a plan.  A plan that helped me to make better food choices and encouraged me to work out more.  I need to get myself back to where I was in 2011 (pictured below).  



My last blog entry was about food and money and my HUGE revelation about how they connect. This realization that I needed to change my financial practices hit home in a bit way. And I am proud to say that my money situation is getting better.  I made a plan and I am sticking to it.  I have gained momentum and it's time to use that momentum to get my weight and exercise back under control.  IT IS TIME. 

THE PLAN
Today I took back my habits and made a plan.  I spent 3 hours cooking and planning meals for this week.  Using Pinterest (good for my health, not for my free time), I found a TON of recipes that focus on clean eating.  I cooked Buffalo Chicken Muffins (check out Paleomama.com for more delightful recipes) and Lemon Garlic Chicken Breasts!  The muffins, while not as beautiful as pictured below, taste amazing and will make a great lunch for Ben and I tomorrow.  The chicken breasts will be used in several meals this week, including lettuce wraps, chicken salad, and chicken with kale stir-fry!  I will also be making deviled guacamole eggs and pepperoni pizza bites for meals this week and will report on how they taste! 



In addition to taking control of my eating this week I have come up with two other pieces to my grand plan.  I am going back to working out 4-5 days a week with NO exceptions! In order to "earn" my fancier Caribou drinks, I need to work out 3 times.  For each 3 times I work out, I earn a drink. And I want that fancy drink... Egg Nog Lattes are about to return. 

AND The Emily Tinawi 2014-2015 Weight Loss Incentive Program is back!  My 5 pound incentives worked so well the first time!  My life was turned upside down not too long after starting, but I had already earned two of my incentives so I know that this works for me!  I LOVE prizes for myself! So, it's back!  Listed below are my incentives for each 5 pounds!  


The Emily Tinawi 2014-2015 Weight Loss Incentive Program
  • START WEIGHT: 196
  • 190 pounds-- Crock pot
  • 185 pounds-- $50 Shopping Spree 
  • 180 pounds-- Show at the Ordway/Orpheum
  • 175 pounds-- Spa Treatment
  • 170 pounds-- Night trip away/$100 spending money
  • 165 pounds-- $200 Shopping Spree and a new pair of high heeled boots 
  • 160 pounds-- DISNEY TRIP!!!!!!
I am excited for my plan.  I am excited for the changes I have already made.  And I am excited for the support that I have in my life. 

Thanks for all of your words of support and encouragement!  It means a lot to know that there are people fighting for a healthier lifestyle with me! 

I will be updating weekly with the results.  Let me know if you have food suggestions or things that inspire YOU!  





1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Emily. I have been struggling with my weight of late and your blog entry is an inspiration! Keep it up!! --Melinda

    ReplyDelete