Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Down .2 and a Size 8 Triumph!

I have a lot of work to do tonight but I wanted to write a quick update about the exciting events of today.

I ran this morning for 15 minutes.  I wanted to do more, but I was moving slowly and took a long time to get out of the house.  It felt good though.  I am getting pumped for this weekend.

Then I went to school.  Ate a good healthy meal or two! :-)  Some yogurt, fruit, and beans... but not all in that order.

At weigh in today, I lost .2 pounds.  It wasn't that much, but it wasn't a gain either.

All-in-all, I am feeling GOOD.

THEN... I go to Target to buy 8s to keep at the house as a goal to reach towards.  I tried them on thinking that I was going to laugh at how hard it was going to be to put them on... and then something magical happened!!  They FIT!!!! My stomach was a bit squished... but totally honestly, that is still the biggest part of me  Regardless, the 8s fit!!!  Who knew that they could.  I didn't even think it would ever be possible!!  8s!!!  I now feel confident that I can wear only 8s by the summer!!!!

However, it got me thinking about my stomach.  Sometimes it is very frustrating... I want it to shrink SO bad.  It seems to hang there.  I know it's smaller, but it doesn't ever seem to be proportionate to the rest of my body.  I wish I could just suck it out.  But, I know that's not an option.  I have to keep working for it.  Knowing that it will get smaller.  Sometimes when I look at it I think, "Blech!"  However, when I think back to where it was, I can keep in mind how far I have come.  I have contemplated showing those pictures here, those pictures of my body since day 1 of weight watchers, but since I am in my under garments, I have decided against it.  Or perhaps it's just scary showing people that part of me that I was so embarrassed about.  I've worked hard not to look that way anymore.

Anyways, I am off to do a ton of work.  However, I am going to try and check-in as much as I can.  Update you all about the 5K!  And take some pictures of my new sweet clothing! :-)

Happy Almost Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment