Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Inspiration

Inspiration can come in many forms.  Tonight I had a true moment of inspiration.

Before I share my exciting news, I need to back track.  If you never have been to a Weight Watchers meeting it is hard to understand the power, impact, and inspiration you can get from them.  It's like summer camp or study abroad.  It's not something you can really explain.  I know that many of my friends don't understand why I text someone I barely know, but my weight watchers friends are honestly the people that get me through the week.  They are the ones I can text when I am feeling guilty about eating or need help NOT eating something. 

Many of you don't know my friend Serina.  She is one of the most beautiful human beings both inside and out.  In less than a year, she has become one of the most important people in my life and in this journey.

This evening I was writing a paper for Hamline, totally resigned that I would not get to work out.  Then I decided it was important to read Serina's blog.  I saw her entry about running a mile.  And like that, I felt a surge of determination rush through me and I knew I had to go to the gym!!  So, off I went...


ONE MILE!!!! I JOGGED ONE MILE!!!! :-)

I WAS STILL JOGGING AT A MILE AND A HALF!!!!

I burned a total of almost 230 calories.

My total distance when I was done!!
Dear Serina, 
I appreciate you more than you know!! Thank you so much for your inspiration, your positive energy, and your belief in me all the time.  I honestly didn't even know that I had 1 1/2 mile jog in me.  Old Emily wouldn't have even tried.  You inspire me.
Love, 
Emily


To all my other friends, I hope you have a Serina that helps keep you going.  And to my other supports, thank you for all you do. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment