However, instead of writing about food on this Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I thought I would write about what I am thankful for. As my students were writing about what they are thankful for, it really made me think about my life, what I have, and how lucky I am!
On a big scale I am thankful for:
- My Family
- My boyfriend
- The Children of Eden experience and the people I met
- One Voice Mixed Chorus
- My weight watchers friends
- My work friends
- My Team 3/4 family
- My healthiness journey
- My passion for working with children
- My Teach For America/Institute friends
- The friends who I have stayed in touch with since high school and college
As far as my healthiness journey. I am thankful that:
- I wear size 8 or 10 pants
- I don't loath clothing shopping
- I can wear more form fitting outfits
- I can run a 5K
- I can do zumba without a struggle
- I can get ready to go out with out crying
- I feel confident in how I look
Last year at this time I was feeling super great about how I look. However, looking back, I have come a long way even since then! :-) For that I am also thankful. My belief in myself and the change in my eating patterns!
This Thanksgiving I am going to try and focus on my family, spending quality time with them, and not on the food... :-) This Holiday time I want to think about the things that I am thankful for and make choices so that this time next year I continue to be thankful for these things (and my healthiness)!!