So, you can imagine my stress around going to a gaming convention this weekend. For 3 days straight JD and I will be gaming, role playing, rolling dice, wearing cloaks (not really, but that was for you DL and MW), and sitting on our butts with some of the Twin Cities most die hard gamers. This is my second year going and I will be honest in saying that last year I did not count points that weekend at all.
If it were any other week, year, or month, truthfully, I might not. But I have been SO on track the last 2 weeks, I have lost almost 6 pounds (and am back in my 150s!!!), that I don't want to blow it over Con of the North. I am determined to see a loss on the scale. So, instead of panicking and stressing I thought through the challenges...
- Sitting on my rear end for 3 days with VERY little movement.
- Being around snack foods.
- Not cooking for myself.
- Having very little time between games.
- Getting a f* it attitude (IF I blow it).
- At least 1 fast food meal.
- A lack of sleep, which leads to a lack of good choices, and also lots of drinking caffeine (which I haven't been drinking as much of).
- The "reach-in-the-bag-and-eat-a-ton-of-crap-because-I-lost-count-of-how-many-I-ate-so-I-don't-care-anymore" syndrome.
I feel good about thinking through some of the things that are going to be hard for me. And I have come up with my own solutions and (hopefully) it will help keep me from blowing it out hard.
- I saved 40 of my flex points for Saturday/Sunday.
- I have planned "walking" breaks into my schedule.
- I purchased fruit and other 0 point snacks for when I want to snack.
- I bagged ALL of my snacks and labeled them so I don't have the "reach-in-the-bag-and-eat-a-ton-of-crap-because-I-lost-count-of-how-many-I-ate-so-I-don't-care-anymore" syndrome.
- I wrote myself a note with healthy fast food choices.
- I packed mostly water and a couple Diet Cokes.
- I bought 2 lunchables to help with lunches. Yes, I paid for convenience, but I will be able to tell how many points I am eating.
- I packed my bag and told the boys that they are NOT to snack on my snacks.
- I got some protein filled snacks to eat when I am feeling hungry.
- I got WW friends to write in my book and have 4 friends ready to text me back if I need it.
- And most importantly, I have actually sat, thought, planned, and really made an effort to stay on plan this weekend.
Although I have snacky snack foods to eat, they are packed, counted and ready to be written down. I have put myself in the best position possible for this weekend and I couldn't be happier! I can tell that I am making a lifestyle change because it isn't about what I can get away with, it's about SERIOUSLY making healthy choices that are going to be better than before (if not good) for my body!
So, I will leave you with pictures of my plan... And you shall wait, with bated breath, to hear about my success... Because it WILL be a successful, not over indulging, weekend!
|My "snacky" snacks so I can feel like a true gamer.|
|My 0-2 point healthier snacks.|
|Lunchables, so that way I can have a point counted and ready lunch.|
Extra bonus: Here's my blog post from this same convention last year... You can read how it was NOT a success!