Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Am Grumpy

I weighed in tonight.  It didn't seem to go well.  Nope, not at all.  I went up another .8.  I know that it doesn't seem like a lot.  But to me, it is.  I thought I was going to go down.  My boyfriend is wonderfully sweet and is trying to make me feel better by talking about the difference between fat and muscle and how much they weigh.

I do feel pretty great because I lost an inch and a half from my waist in personal training.  We measured last week and in the month that I have been working out with her and working out more every week, I lost some inches.  So, I guess I should find victory in that, right?  Be excited by the loss in my waist?

Also, have I mentioned that I LOVE my personal trainer.  She is FANTASTIC!  Not only does she kick my butt, but we have lots of fun.  AND I feel like I have a friend in her.  We make each other laugh and run around the gym having a grand ole time.  It makes it MUCH easier to work out. MUCH MUCH easier.  I actually look forward to going to work out with her.

This next week I don't want it to be a gain.  I want to LOSE LOSE LOSE!

So, here's to another week... I will email my WW friends, track all my coffee, drink more water, and make sure that I am working out when I say I am !

Tomorrow is a new day and I will be excited... until then, I will be grumpy!

4 comments:

  1. I am very much of the opionion that a pound is a pound so I understand your frustration.
    I am "up" right now, and am trying very hard not to beat myself up over it. I have a bucket of excuses ranging from I changed my workout routine, to I was out of town and had no control over the foods that were available to me, and I have been sick.
    Keep tracking and upping the water and I am sure you will start seeing the results you want soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you know this, but I've been working on losing weight since April 2009. Since then, I've lost around 40-45 pounds. It was hard accepting that I gained back 3 of the pounds this summer, but I think I've got things under control now and should start to see a decline. (I've been maintaining for the past 2 weeks, which leads me to believe that I've slowed down the weight gain trend.)

    I've weighed myself daily and tracked my weight almost this entire time, and the website I use creates a trendline over time that filters out the noise from the day to day fluctuations. It has helped me a lot these past few years.

    I would've felt the same way as you if I weighed in 0.8 pounds more. I was feeling that way during July and August when I made bad food choices and worked out less. But, I refuse to gain the weight back I lost, and am glad that I sprung into action when I gained back only 3 pounds as opposed to 10 or more.

    Keep at it, and allow yourself to feel grumpy! Your entries keep me motivated. :)

    Rachel (Your One Voice Soprano Buddy On Leave)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ETinawi, Grumpster? I don't think so! Happiness looks so much more flattering on you. So, grump a bit (but not too much) and then look in the mirror and see how amazing you look. It's not ALL about the number on the scale. While that is important, it's about how you feel. You're losing inches, you're actually looking forward to working out, you have an awesome trainer, you have a man who supports you in prioritixing healthy eating and lifestyle. Girl, you got it made! I bet it would be hard for me to pick you out of a crowd right now. And I definitely could walk up behind you and think you a stranger, only embarassing myself when I realized it was my insti-bestie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) I seriously enjoy that we both blogged entries with the same title. (Even if we're grumpsters.)

    2) I'd argue that losing an inch is way more telling than gaining .8 of a pound. I know WW is all about the poundage lost, but you have to keep all that in perspective.

    3) The more muscle you gain, the more fat you'll lose. It's about investing in that.

    4) Big love.

    ReplyDelete