Sunday, June 8, 2014

How To Turn Your Day Around

I had a bunch of different blog entries planned and then yesterday happened.

Yesterday morning I got on the scale at the gym.

186.
186.
186.

The last time I weighed myself was on April 29.  176.  Yesterday 186.

186.

And I felt shattered.  Totally shattered.  I've been in such a good state of mind, to get on the scale and see that number was just brutal.

After talking to some of the important people in my life (THANK YOU!) I started feeling better.  I needed some reminding that I have been working really hard and feeling really good.

So I did what any sane girl feeling depressed about her body does.  I went bathing suit shopping.  It really could have gone two different ways.  But I decided that I wanted to take back the working hard, feeling great feeling.

I tried on three bathing suits.

2 two-piece bathings suits... WHAT?!?!
1 really cute, maroon one-piece bathing suit.

The results could have been terrible.  But I am happy to say that although the two-pieces didn't get purchased, I tried them on AND walked out of my dressing room to look in the bigger mirrors.  And they looked quite cute.  Honestly, if they had one of them in my size I would have purchased it.

I did buy the one-piece and I am really happy with it.

And after trying on the swim suits, I came back to my apartment, changed my outfit into something cuter and went and had a GREAT day.  I didn't let the stupid number ruin my day.

As the security guard who works the front desk here reminded me the other day when it was pouring out, it's all about perspective and how you choose to face the rain.





And as you can see from pictures, my day turned out to be super sunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment