Sunday, February 13, 2011

Small Victories

I had the most amazing weekend.  I was in Washington DC for the Teach For America 20th Anniversary Summit.   Not only was it truly an amazingly inspiring weekend, filled with speeches that make me want to run out and fight for the education revolution, but it left me SUPER excited to be a part of the Teach For America community.

It was amazing how many people commented on how good I look and how many people told me that they read this blog! :-)  Amazing.  I honestly didn't think that anyone would want to hear my musings about weight loss.

I also got an email from a certain person from my WW group that really made me feel good.  She told me that I was her inspiration.  Well, you know who you are, I hope you know that YOU are my inspiration. :-)

So, I know what you are really reading for is my results from this weekend.... well... it wasn't very good.  It was hard.  REALLY hard.  There was delicious food all over.  And a lot of the time I didn't get any choice.  I know that I didn't make the best choices and I did spend a lot of time obsessing about it.  But, nothing I can do about it at this point.

You must be thinking... "Emily, you called this entry small victories, where is the victory?"  Well, the victory wasn't this weekend on a whole, because OH BOY, there was no victory there.

Today was not the best of days.  There was a small incident that really upset me.  I was at the airport, upset, crying, and near a McDonalds.  I had already eaten breakfast (eggs, yogurt) and had been pretty good, but then I was offered a bagel.  I decided that would be my lunch.  Normally, this kind of promise to myself would not hold because I was upset.  However, despite the McDonalds right next to me, and all the people eating it... I held strong and DID NOT eat any McDonalds.  I drank a large diet coke, munched on a bit of jerky, and that was it.  It may not seem like much, but for me... that is DEFINITELY a small victory.

I already know that Tuesday's weigh in is not going to be great.  Not much I can really do about that at this point.  I will just know that I had a great time and it's time to get back on the wagon.  As I learned this weekend, for both education reform and my weight loss journey, a new tomorrow starts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment